Recent Podcasts Featuring Joel
Up My Influence — Host Josh Elledge and Guest Joel Staley discuss PR, spokesperson training and crisis communications.
Travel Q&A — Host Angela Hughes interviews Joel Staley on communications advice for travel advisors in a pandemic environment.
• Media/Presentation Training – designs and conducts customized training for corporate/brand spokespersons including c-suite executives, professional athletes and celebrities to deliver effective broadcast, print or online media interviews. Helps increase inclusion of key brand messages in earned media coverage. Training extends to crisis communications, public speaking and sales presentation scenarios and includes on-camera simulated interviews and post-training evaluations and recommendations.
• Traditional and Social Media Relations Strategy – devises strategies that leverage brand content to secure favorable news story placements in targeted media outlets. The resulting news stories increase awareness, build informed opinions and influence behavior of the desired audience in support of business goals. Creates social media strategies that ensure alignment with overall brand messaging and generate shareable content.
• Brand Messaging Strategy – uses a proprietary process to develop the messaging strategy and architecture that defines the organization’s brand story, and the everyday language the organization’s leaders and front line employees should use to communicate it.
• Crisis Communications – provides immediate counsel and long-term strategy to clients managing sensitive issues or enterprise-threatening crises. Analyzes threats, crafts appropriate messaging platforms and counsels clients enabling them to mitigate reputation-damaging effects of a crisis. After storm has passed, he helps clients repair damage, strengthen reputational vulnerabilities, recapture good will and return to promotional orientation.
• Executive Speeches, Op-Eds, Bylines — writes executive speeches; drafts or ghostwrites executive bylines for submission to business or trade publications; composes and places persuasive Op-Ed pieces.
Client Case Studies
These links lead to a few case studies of the work I’ve done over the years:
Mexico Tourism Board — international media relations, crisis communications and social media strategy; travel & tourism industry
Sonhando Com Disney – international event planning and media relations; travel & tourism industry
Shell Oil Company 50-City Tour — issues management, media relations, executive positioning; energy industry
State Farm Turnpike Safety Patrol — media relations, event management, stakeholder relations; insurance industry
Miami Herald Americas Conference — media relations, event management; government affairs
Accenture SCM Port Workers — media relations, thought leadership, executive positioning; professional services/logistics industry